All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Yellow and Green


I find it interesting how I miss things at first glance. I think I get my mind set on one thing and everything will just have to register later on. Although, I like the background I knew I would have to put at least one more layer of paint on it. What I didn't see at first were the colours, the yellow and green in the background; which actually makes a lot of sense since there is whole field of sunflowers in the background.  I used a low aperture setting when photographing it, so the background is blurred out.

Starting from the bottom working up I have started to add a bit more colour, it's subtle, but it's there.

The petals are needing more definition and colours, bringing in the shadows will make them more three dimensional.

Still lots of work, but its coming along and I am starting to be pleased with what I am seeing.

Stay tuned for more:





















No comments: