All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Friday, March 13, 2015

Frozen Moment

As I had mentioned in my previous post, commission work brings me immense joy, but what also brings me immense joy is painting portraits.

This particular piece was commissioned by a client for her husband for Christmas.  Their dog had recently passed away and she wanted me to paint a painting of her dog and her husband.  As it turned out we added two of their children, who are much older at present than have been depicted in the painting.

This frozen moment in time is a combination of 6 photographs, some taken on different days.  It was a real challenge and a lot of fun putting together the composition, getting everyone's faces right and of course painting the ice, which is also one of my favorite things to paint.

I'm happy to tell you that my clients are pleased with the end result and will have a memory to cherish.  A wonderful moment in time spent skating on the lake with their trusted companion, who was a very important part of their family.


Frozen Moment
30" x 36"
Original Oil - Framed
SOLD - Commission Work

For information about commission work or for a quote please email me at:  memroth7@telus.net

No comments: