All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Special Kind of Love

I truly believe people come into our lives for a reason.  Sometimes, it's not apparent at the time, but eventually, if you think about it, you will figure it out.

I have been pretty blessed to have the people who are in my life.  I am surrounded by wonderful friends and family, people I know well, people I love intensely.  There are other people in my life, people I don't know as well, but they are still an important part of my life and what I do. They have made a difference in my life, and I hope I have done the same for them.  The Elenbaas' from Linden, Washington are some of those people, and although I don't know them all that well yet, in fact we met on Facebook through a mutual friend; they have made a difference in my life.  I've had the pleasure of meeting them in person and hope to visit them again in the near future  This is the third painting I have done using their photos as reference. I want to thank them for allowing me to paint this painting.  It's been a special one, one that I hope will speak to all of us.

This new painting "A Special Kind of Love" is about someone different, other than a human in our lives, but a friend, a companion, a very special kind of love.  It's amazing how we love our animals, how they love us and the joy they bring to our lives.

The painting is of Getter and Jessica and the love they have for one another.  A bond unbreakable and forever lasting.  A love that is so special that words are never needed, a very special kind of love.

20" x 30"
Original Oil - Framed
SOLD

Photo reference Ben Elenbaas, Linden Washington, USA

No comments: