All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Night with Dwayne Brenna and "Stealing Home"

What an honour to have my painting "The Ball Player", a painting of my Dad, to be used as the cover art for Dwayne Brenna's new book "Stealing Home" (Hagios Press).  

On July 31, 2013 my dad and I spent a wonderful evening at Audrey's Books on Jasper Ave in downtown Edmonton, Alberta listening to Dwayne read from his book, while his son played the piano.  The time flew by while we listened to his poems about baseball and his experiences as a ball player.  At the end of Dwayne's reading I was able to introduce my dad and Dwayne invited him to tell a few baseball stories, what a treat for all of us!  It was so wonderful to share this magical evening with my dad and to see him so happy and so excited and to listen to a few of his funny stories.  

This painting has had an amazing and a very unexpected journey, being published three times, in two newspapers and now a book. I know my dad is really happy, because he is forever immortalized not only in a painting, but also on a cover of a book.

Thanks again to Hagios Press and Dwayne Brenna for letting us be part of this wonderful experience and sharing in the fun!!
Author Dwayne Brenna and Artist Memory Roth

Author Dwayne Brenna and Ron Pudwell

My Dad and Me - the book and a small giclee of the painting "The Ball Player"

No comments: