All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Friday, June 14, 2013

Mural Mosaic - Canada Summer Games - Panel 53

On Top of the World

I am so honored to have been asked to paint a panel for the Canada Summer Games Mural Mosaic which will be hung in Sherbrooke, Quebec.  This is the third mural I've participated in and each one is more fun than the last.  It was a challenge to paint in acrylic, even though I have used the medium before. 

When I was asked to paint the panel and was told the theme was sports I immediately knew what I was going to paint.  Just a few months ago my son invested in a camera that could be mounted to a helmet and had taken it to Kicking Horse, BC.  His buddy and him took turns video taping each other snowboarding and this painting was inspired by the video.

The progress of the painting:


No comments: