All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Friday, June 28, 2013

Good Things Happen in Threes!!

I'm not a superstitious type of person, but it may be true that good things happen in threes.  


Last spring I was approached by a publishing company, Hagios Press out of Regina who wanted to use my painting of my dad "The Ball Player" for the cover art of a book they were publishing.  It was good timing and the contract looked good, so I agreed.  The book came out this May - "Stealing Home" by Dwayne Brenna - available at your local book store or can be ordered either through the book store or Hagios Press -http://www.hagiospress.com

My dad and I are hoping to meet up with Mr. Brenna on the August long weekend while he is in Edmonton promoting his book...hoping to get an autograph or two!.............and this is kind of interesting......"The Ball Player" has now been published three times!!

In January I join "The Night of Artists" and my painting "At the End of the Day, Love Remains" can be seen in the newly published 2013 NOA magazine.  In the spring there was a contest for the cover of the 2013 magazine; although I won the on line or first round of the contest, Igor Postash's fabulous painting "Decadance" won the second round and the cover.  The magazine is available at all NOA events, Mural Mosaic Events, Edmonton and area art galleries.  You may also contact the publisher for a copy or email me.
For more information on the Night of Artists - http://www.nightofartists.com/

In February I answered a call to artists to submit pet painting to be published in the spring Art Trends Magazine.  The magazine was doing a special section on pets and I figured, why not, I had just finished two paintings "Kona" and "Jake" and sent them in for consideration.  I didn't hear anything back when they said I would hear from them, so I figured that was that.  A couple weeks later I got an email and was surprised and happy to hear my two paintings would be included, and included they were!!  Both "Jake" and "Kona" were published in the June issue of "Art Trends" magazine - available on line (free) or for purchase (hard copy) http://arttrends.ca/  it will also be available at "Pets in the Park", Sunday, July 7 at Hawrelak Park, Edmonton.

Maybe I should paint a triptych of some sort.....after good things happen in threes :)

No comments: