All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Sunday, January 29, 2012

On Second Thought

Portraits and children, there is something that is just magical about capturing a child on canvas.  Happy, sad, excited....whatever their emotions are at the moment, whether they are caught off guard, or posed, capturing those emotions, to be able to paint that in oil... that is what art is all about for me.

I love the photo I am using for reference for this painting.  The first time I saw the photo it grabbed a hold of my heart and made me laugh.  This was Olivia's first time at the pool with Grandma.  The expression on her face is just too cute.  I really do wonder what this 14 month old was thinking when Grandma was trying to convince her to go into the pool.

This first stage of the painting is the monochromatic, stay tuned to see the finished painting!

Original Oil
18" x 24"
Original Photo Reference by Jen Brunner, Red Deer

No comments: