All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Rosalie


If you have been following my blog or know much about me, you will know that portraits are one of my favorite things to paint. I seem to gravitate towards kids, but I love portraits in general. There is something about capturing a person on canvas that I really enjoy. When I am finished the painting and get a chance to show the portrait to the person or the person's family I am painting, I love the reaction. I have had people cry when they see their painting, I have had people stare at the painting in shock, but what ever the initial reaction, I always have had very positive feedback. I don't really think people expect the painting to actually look like them, and when they see that it does, it always seems to be a surprise to them in one way or another.

Rosalie is a portrait of one of my dearest friends. Initially I had asked Rose and her daughter Karlen to be my models for a two person portrait, but after taking many pictures of them and being quite happy with a number of them, I came across the one of Rose looking off to the side. I knew that this painting had to be painted. I am still planning on painting Rose and Karlen together, but somethings a photo grabs me and I can't let it go until I have painted it.

Rose is one of the most beautiful people I know, not just on the outside, but also on the inside. She is gracious and warm, kind, insightful and understanding. She is a very generous person with a wonderful sense of humor. She has two great kids and a wonderful husband and I feel very thankful she is part of my life and also very thankful that she trusted me enough to capture her on canvas.

Rosalie
Original Oil
16" x 20" Framed
Sold

No comments: