All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Friday, January 7, 2011

Sherri and Mike

I met Sherri a couple of years ago when she was co-owner of La Dolce Vita Day Spa.  She is a wonderful warm person and I liked her immediately.  About a year after I met her she told me that her boyfriend Mike and her were planning on getting married.  What she thought would be a quick and quiet affair turned out to be a full blown, day of your dreams wedding. 

When I went to see her after the wedding she showed me her wedding pictures that local photographer, Jody Brost had taken for the couple.  They were beautiful pictures!   Sherri made a gorgeous bride and Mike a handsome groom.  I had been hoping to paint a wedding portrait at some point in time and when I saw the photo of Sherri and Mike kissing in front of a red Chevy Corvette, I knew this was the photo I wanted to paint.  Sherri was excited and Jody graciously gave me her permission.  This is the first wedding portrait I have painted and I loved every minute I spent in my studio working on it. 

Although Sherri thoroughly enjoyed being co-owner of La Dolce Vita, through circumstance and fate she met Holly Hayes and it was their destiny to become partners in a new spa called “Heaven Essence Day Spa”. This spa soon became a reality and it opened its doors for the first time in December of 2010. 

I hope you will get a chance to stop by and meet these lovely ladies and their wonderful staff.  After you look around and see their beautiful space make sure to book a pedicure or a facial!  Don’t forget to ask Sherri about the story of "Heaven Essence" and how this spa came to be; it’s a beautiful story and it will bring a tear to your eye.

Heaven Essence Day Spa is located at #123 – 15 Circle Drive, St. Albert, Alberta, Canada.  Phone:  780-460-0555

Original Oil on stretched canvas 24" x 36"
SOLD

Original photo reference by Jody Brost of Westlock, Alberta

No comments: