All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Serenity and the Guild

Twenty-nine years ago the St. Albert Painters Guild was started; Six years ago I joined on the advice of an instructor I was taking drawing lessons from.

During those six years I have participated in five of their semi-annual shows and enjoyed every minute.  I helped coordinate two, one with my friend and fellow artist Karen Blanchet and one on my own. Not only have the shows been a great experience, but planning a show, or helping to plan a show is the best way to really understand the process, and has helped me have the confidence I needed to accept the volunteer position I now take on with VASA (Visual Arts Studio Association) as their Director of Exhibitions.

Over the last six years I haven't been involved with the Guild as much as I would have liked, due to my husband's passing and getting involved with the Night of Artists, but the Guild has always been near and dear to my heart.

It's kind of cool being an artist in St. Albert, belonging to such a great organization as the Guild, after all St. Albert's brand is "The Botanical Arts Community", but what is the best part of all this?  It's the people, it's the comradery, the kindness and the generosity of the members who make up the Guild. Whether you are an amateur, a hobbyist, an emerging, or a professional artist, you are welcome and you are encouraged to participate and succeed.  The Guild helps us celebrate all our successes, big or small, and brings even more beauty to this wonderful city.  I am so grateful to all the volunteers who dedicate so much of their time to make the Guild such a special place and I am so happy to be part of it.

Please join me and over 40 other guild artists at the St. Albert Painters Guild 2016 Fall Show and Sale.  Come and see my painting Serenity - Maluhia in person.

Serenity - Maluhia
48" x 30"
Oil on Canvas
Not for Sale

St. Albert Painters Guild 2016 Fall Show and Sale
Friday, October 28 - 9 to 9
Saturday, October 29 - 9 to 5
Sunday, October 30 - 11 to 4
St. Albert Place, St. Albert, Alberta


No comments: