All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Trestle

In 2013, using the same reference material I used for this painting, I painted a painting in black and white; I then put it up for auction at the 2013 Night of Artists show and it sold.  The new owner also ordered two giclees (reproductions) for his siblings for that Christmas.

At the time he had suggested I paint it in colour, but I was undecided.  When I decided it was time to start my new series "St. Albert", I remembered his suggestions and it was one of the first ones I painted.

The trestle is one of St. Albert's iconic landmarks, and one of my favorite places.  This painting along with 4 of my new St. Albert pieces were shown at the Night of Artists 2016 show and I am happy to tell you this piece sold quickly.

I'm still painting another trestle painting, the next one will be a winter scene.  Stay tuned


The Trestle
14" x 18"
Oil on Canvas - Framed
SOLD

No comments: