All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Sunday, February 11, 2018

New Painting - Prairie Sky - Up for Auction!

Prairie Sky
20" x 30"
Original Oil on Canvas
Retail Value - $1350.00
For the 6th year in a row the Night of Artists will be taking over the Moonflower Room at the Enjoy Centre in St. Albert for a weekend of Art and entertainment!  I am so happy to have participated these past 6 years and I am really looking forward to the weekend coming up in March.

To start things off the Night of Artists is having a silent auction on Facebook.  It is taking place right now and will close at
4:00 pm on Friday, March 16 and will continue until 9:30 live at the Enjoy Centre.

I painted a new painting for the auction titled "Prairie Sky". This painting has had kind of crazy journey, but I am pleased with the end result.  When I started to think about what I wanted to paint, I knew I had to paint the sky over canola, but I wanted it to be stormy and turbulent and that's what it started off to be.  It progressively got more turbulent but in the end the sky cleared and became less of a storm and more of a sunset.  I guess art mimics life somethings, and for me this painting helped me bring forth some of my inner turbulence, so it could pass into something more beautiful.  It's funny how art works sometimes.

To bid on this painting go to Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/nightofartists/photos/a.1530889530340186.1073741844.716242615138219/1531253243637148/?type=3&theater

Night of Artist Auction Auction Album on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/nightofartists/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1530889530340186

Night of Artist
March 16 to 18, 2018
at The Enjoy Centre - St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
More info at:  https://www.nightofartists.com/show-tickets


No comments: