All images on this blog site are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner without the written permssion of the artist, Memory Roth

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ice Time





This is a painting of my son Braden's first time on skates. My husband Bernie, is helping him out, but he's bound and determined to hold on to the hockey stick, after all what 3 year old didn't want to be a hockey player! It was an exciting day and the beginning of many exciting days watching our son play hockey.


This painting is very special to me, not only because of the subject matter. In 2006, while taking my first art lessons I was required to paint two paintings that the instructor supplied the photos for. This was to learn the techniques required. After I finished those two paintings I had to choose a photo of my own and paint it...this was it.


Photo of painting published in the St. Albert Gazette...2008 -

Original Oil - 16" x 20"
Private Collection -
Limited Edition Giclees for sale

No comments: